Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I've Been a Bad Blogger

When I decided to create this blog my goal was to update it once a month. I have not full filled that commitment. I think I'd better try for once a week. Then maybe it will happen once a month. That will be the method to my madness.
So the entire summer has past and we are half way thought he first semester of school. Well, I failed to mention that Tanner did graduate from middle school back in June and is now in high school. I feel very old having all my children in high school.

They are all doing very well in school and have already been thinking about College and where they would like to go. It is a little overwhelming for me, but then again everything is always a little overwhelming times 4. I should be a little used to it by now, but I am not.

The month of October brought out our yearly traditions. We had the Trettin Family over for our annual Carmel apple decorating. It is so much fun. The decorating is a lot more fun than the eating, but that was enjoyable too. I added a couple of more options to the decorative candy list. By request we added crushed Oreo's and hot tamales.

We also had our pumpkin carving night. The kids are so creative. Much more so than I am. Of course they were moldy in about 3 days. How do I prevent that? I don't know. If anyone has any suggestions I need them. I wish they would last longer.

Halloween is not really one of my favorite holidays. In fact I think it is not necessary at all, but Mike always enjoys dressing up in something silly, or weird, or something that makes me want to make sure people do not know we are together. This year the kids made more of an effort to wear a costume. We had a cowgirl, a short man on a box, a chick magnet (Tanner put pictures of baby chicks on his clothes), a very creative moustache, and a tourist in Hawaii). I thought about putting a trophy on my head and calling myself a trophy wife, but then people would know I was with Mike. I had to avoid that.
One last bit of October news. Brandon had his wisdom teeth removed. Not fun for him, but he did very well. Here he is looking a little puffy.
I can't find the pumpkin pictures. I will add them when I find them. They looked great.

1 comment:

Job said...

We're always glad to see you update your blog! 4 kids in High School! Crazy. It was only yesterday we all were in Pocatello and you had a fish named Job jr. Those were the days!