Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break

We had our spring break the week after my family left. It was a good time to catch up on sleep. My kids favorite thing to do was sleep in since they usually have to get up at 5:00 a.m. for seminary. We also participated in some fun activities:

Monday- finished weeding friends back yard to earn money for camp.
Went to a movie for family Home Evening

Tuesday- Kids finished homework (they had some to make up from playing hookie)

Wednesday- Parker and Madison did some babysitting

Thursday- Boys went skiing at Big bear with Papa. Madison started a pet sitting job ( 2 guinea pigs and 1 fish) also to earn money for camp.

Friday- Madison and I shopped til we dropped and did some eating out too. Boys arrived home that evening.

Saturday- Watched General Conference. Went to Brandon and Madison's Tennis matches. Mike and the boys went to the priesthood session.

Sunday-Watched more general conference (loved-it). Went to dinner at mike's Aunt and Uncle's. Tanner and I Made some edible Easter nests with eggs and a peep on top and took those to the family dinner. Little did we know they would end up being the entertainment of the night. Some men (or are they boys in big bodies?) decided to microwave the peeps just to watch them expand. I've decided I am going to bring peeps to every family dinner. Whatever will keep the natives entertained. They pretty much have peeps for every holiday now so you can find them year round. Personally I think they taste terrible, maybe expanding them in the microwave is the best thing to do with them. I will post a picture of the nest for you to see. All in All it was a beautiful Easter Sunday. I am so grateful for the sacrifice and atonement of my Savior Jesus Christ and all he has done for me.

Just before we left for dinner we had an earthquake. It lasted probably 30-40 seconds and was pretty strong. Strong enough I made the kids get under the table. I need to educate myself on such things. I am not sure what the safest thing to do in an earthquake is, or the safest place to go.

No comments: