









We had the craziest, but most fun week this March. My entire family (minus one nephew-we missed you Cody) came to visit. we finally had Brandon and Parker's Eagle court of honor and they all came to support them. I feel like all I did was put them to work: they helped with all the set up, serving and taking down of the court of honor festivities. They fixed my refrigerator, my screen door, helped Tanner make a catapult for school and flipped my dryer door for me. It was awesome. It was only about 1 hour after they all left that I thought I should of told them about my sink that needs fixed. If they had just warned me I could of had a list ready, but its too late. I am on my own with that one.We didn't get very many good pictures of the ceremony, but the boys looked great. They are becoming men before my eyes. I am so proud of them for accomplishing the rank of Eagle. It wasn't easy and they really did go the extra mile in earning those merit badges.
This is Southern California so my family decided to do the whole vacation thing while they were here. They planned Disneyland, California Adventure, go-carts, retirement party for my dad, and the beach. We wanted to be able to participate as well, and since we get to go to Disneyland a lot more often then they do I thought I had and ingenious plan. The 2fer's were on a very big special for spring break time. So I bought 2 2fers (my dad paid my way) and I took 2 of my kids to Disneyland with the family on Wednesday and then the next day took the other 2 kids to California Adventure. Much more affordable and we had just as much fun. Not to mention my kids were suppose to be in school that week, but we played a lot of hookie. Yes, I am one of those mothers who likes to play hookie. My thoughts are family is forever and school is but a small moment. We wanted to enjoy the time with the family knowing it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. The kids are only getting bigger and those opportunities are too rare. I have to say I was very tired by the end of the week, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.
This is Southern California so my family decided to do the whole vacation thing while they were here. They planned Disneyland, California Adventure, go-carts, retirement party for my dad, and the beach. We wanted to be able to participate as well, and since we get to go to Disneyland a lot more often then they do I thought I had and ingenious plan. The 2fer's were on a very big special for spring break time. So I bought 2 2fers (my dad paid my way) and I took 2 of my kids to Disneyland with the family on Wednesday and then the next day took the other 2 kids to California Adventure. Much more affordable and we had just as much fun. Not to mention my kids were suppose to be in school that week, but we played a lot of hookie. Yes, I am one of those mothers who likes to play hookie. My thoughts are family is forever and school is but a small moment. We wanted to enjoy the time with the family knowing it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. The kids are only getting bigger and those opportunities are too rare. I have to say I was very tired by the end of the week, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.
We also had a very interesting experience at the beach. We had just arrived and set up the canopy and chairs when we noticed a surfer on the beach very sick and not able to get up. I asked if we could be of any assistance. His friend said he got caught in a riptide and was hyperventilating and swallowed too much water and just needed to rest. It seemed a more serious situation to me so I repeatedly asked if I could call for help. Finally after collasping under our canopy he gave me the go ahead to call 911. They arrived quickly and took him. I hope he is okay. It was his first time surfing. He is from Ohio.
The entire week was so much fun. We missed them the moment they went out the door.





No comments:
Post a Comment