Thursday, October 15, 2009

Toby The Turtle

Okay, I failed to mention the latest addition to our family. We got the kids a turtle this summer after years of begging for a pet. I happen to be allergic to many hairy animals (cats and most dogs) so, I have put it off. Turtles don't have hair. I was stuck. He also happens to hibernate about 6 months out of the year (through the winter), doesn't eat much, and doesn't make noise. That is the perfect pet. The downside is they live anywhere from 50-150 years old. The first kid out of the house gets him. I will not be around that long. Mike however is very attached (a little too attached if you ask me) so, he might want to go with the turtle (just kidding). He is making the kids happy. I guess he was worth it. Here is a cute picture I took before he started his winter sleep.

1 comment:

Norma said...

Toby sure is a cutie! Glad he is working out for your family better than ours did! The only other pet that is as easy is a snake....maybe that will be your next pet?